Sunday 19 December 2010

Semi-inspired

I have to write, and/or edit some pieces for university. I admit I'm being slow about it. Mainly because I'm not sure if I want to do a new piece or not. I have two ideas I want to write up. But they're both pretty much the same sort of genre, the uncanny. A genre I haven't really messed in before, and it's uncanny with a strong fantasy feel, well... one is more uncanny, with a fake fantasy feel. I say fake, because the idea is a little planet of the apes, minus the apes. I'm not worrying about copying ideas, mainly because I've never seen the movie. But I get the general idea of it.
I need to run off this inspiration before it dies. But I'm conflicted. I should probably use it to go over my old pieces and arrange them properly. Le sigh.
I don't know.... I always get like this. At least I'm thinking about it. Which is a general improvement. Usually I avoid all school work like the plague. I'm such a terrible student. I love writing, I really do. But the moment I have to do it for work it's like: RAWR I hate you now writing!
I'll never be a professional writer at this rate with that sort of attitude. I think I'll read some books. my first burst of inspiration came from re-reading one of my favorite manga's. It gave me the buzz. So if I read some books, and get a full buzz then it should be okay. I think I have a few books I need to catch up on anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment