Thursday 14 October 2010

Title's were never my strong point.

Titles

They are important. They let the reader know in a few simple words what it is which they are reading. I'm sure you all know the saying "don't judge a book by its cover" well allot of people don't, but they do judge by the title. You can tell allot about a thing just by its title (or name.)

For example:

Lord of the Rings = There is some established nobility, who clearly hordes rings.
Final Fantasy = This is the final fantasy game we're making ever, please ignore the following numbers.
Twilight = The time of day in which both light and dark are equal.
Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone = Young middle classed child playing with science equipment in the pursuit of alchemy.
The Princess Bride = .... don't you mean 'The Prince's Bride'?

Though silly antics aside, we do judge by titles. If something takes our fancy we are more likely to read it.

So understandably I didn't know what I wanted to call this blog. What do you call a blog you want to stand out? A title which will both amuse, but make people want to read? I don't know. I'm not one for hanging out on blogging societies. I don't know what people want to read. But I shall write, and maybe someone will want to read it.

I went for the obvious [Insert Witty Title Here] because it's a lame forum joke. And though I do not yet understand the appeal of blogging, I do get foruming. I'm sure someone out there will snerk at the familiarity of the forum joke. That or think I'm incredibly immature.

In any case it'll do until I can think of something that is actually witty. Or in the very least, interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Insert witty comment here.

    Yeah, I'm immature, but incredible.

    In any case it'll do until I can think of something that is actually witty. Or in the very least, interesting.

    ReplyDelete