Monday 18 April 2011

Comics again~

So I've started drawing comics again, for my new project. I need to bully my brother into setting up the main website, as I have already produced the front page of it.
Drawing comics again wasn't as hard as I thought it would be... maybe because it's something new, IDK. It all seemed rather routine. Draw the pages, scan the pages, ink the pages, colour the pages, shade the pages, special effects the pages, text the pages, finish the pages. Of course it takes flipping forever. I'll have to experiment with shading technique. I spend far too long on shading. Colouring is just a fill tool, but shading is important. and I've become a stickler for it. I'm trying to do as many pages as I can together, so I have a backlog for when I go back to Cornwall. I figure a twice a week update schedule is pretty good. I can maintain that. Once I have enough I'm going to start putting NPC pages in there too. If I'm going to draw comics I might as well draw the one I love the most. And time to get to that damn finale. Hopefully I don't screw it up T^T.
So yeah, I feel very productive so far this holiday. Usually I just laze around. but so far I've gone actively out searching for graphic novels, I've sketched a good 8 pages of my new comic, I've got the title page done, need to finish shading the first page. it's like 8 panels long, so it's taking a while. I'm going to try and cut down on panel's in future. Other graphic novels might like to spam themselves with panels, but I don't. I'm used to telling the story in six panels. so I find myself getting to the 6th panel and finding I still have space on my A4 page. So I'm going to need to play with layout... I also need to remember I don't have to do full body shots in every single panel. that's what takes up the most time. :T but I think I've done well so far. the story has a good flow. Or at least I think so. ^^(). We'll see. hopefully I'll finish page 1 today, get my brother to show me how to put up my website. start designing the site, and then sorted~  This is going to be a fun project.

No comments:

Post a Comment