Thursday 6 January 2011

The quest for fame

Being a writer I am socially inclined to hide away in a wardrobe and ignore the world. The world is a scary thing full of people. Occasionally the two mesh, my closet and the people. But I'm not really one for running out there and bumping into things. So I guess it is a strange thing to announce I do have this sort of secret quest for fame.

I've always had this feeling that it's socially unacceptable to want to be famous when you're a writer. So I've never mentioned it before. But I'm told I need to focus my blog. So I announce my beginning in my quest for fame. As a writer.

Because at the end of the day that is all I'm good for. I can't sing, I can't dance, I'm not thin, and I'm not anything special. Really it's not like I decided as a child I wanted to be famous. Because fame itself doesn't really interest me. The idea really first came around to me when I became aware of how much celebrities suck.

I personally loath the celebrity society we live in. Because people are nosy for all the wrong reasons about the wrong sort of people. I don't care about Posh and Becks, I don't care about what Gaga is wearing, I don't care how Amy whinehouse screwed up again this week! I just don't care! Stop being nosy!

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if it was always someone talented. because you kind of want to know about people you admire. But seriously. who admires Jordan? She is utterly talentless, and her fame is ridiculous.

And it has always annoyed me personally that writers don't get this level of fame that singers or models or footballers, or whatever gets. because I think it takes allot more talent to write a book, or bring out news stories every single day or whatever, than it does to sing in tune. Lots of people can sing good, not so many can write well. And ever since this realization  that writers don't get the credit that they deserved I decided that I wanted to be famous. Not just a famous writer, but a famous figure. I wanted to be known and loved by sight. I wanted to bring reading back to the people who are brain washed by pop culture! I wanted to do so much and more because you can't trust these idiots to be responsible role models! and you know what they say? If someone can't do it, then do it your damn self!

So yeah, that's why I want to be famous. Not because I particularly want to be a celebrity, but because writers deserve allot more credit than they get. So I'm not sure what one should do once they've made the decision to be famous. I suppose produce something to be famous for.

So I am releasing a warning to the world! Give me a few years and I'll be more damn famous than J.K.Rowling. That is where I am aiming for. Not too high is it? I don't think so either. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment